Re: Cannot print with emacs

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: Cannot print with emacs
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 23:54:13 +0200

Harald Weis <hawei@free.fr> writes:

>> I had a similar problem with my IBM printer (which is a Lexmark). I
>> from CUPS-generic-postscript to CUPS-generic-lpd and everything was
>> joy. It's also over LAN in my case.
>
> How did you do that?

Sorry for not replying earlier; I didn't see your message until now.

I just edit the driver in Cups. On my system I access Cups via:

  http://localhost:631/printers/

I use the driver "Generic PCL Laser Printer" where I would normally
utilize "Generic PostScript Printer". They are found under the brand
Generic as far as I remember.

I hope it helps

–Rasmus

--