Re: code folding

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: code folding
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 03:22:07 +0530

Jai Dayal <dayalsoap@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>   I was wondering if anyone had any preferences on some decent code
> folding extentions for emacs that I could check out?  It should be
> noted that I use ECB, but I think the two should be independent.

Experienced users use outline-minor-mode - It takes time to getting used
to it (or any other such mode).

Hint: Search for "outline" or "fold" in emacswiki and try out the first
few modes that show up. You can also search for narrowing and "indirect
buffers" to explore other related things.

I have never used cedet plus company. So I cannot comment on them.

IMO you will be better off NOT using any outlining to begin with.