Re: Re[4]: when building ./configure runs eternally

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: Re[4]: when building ./configure runs eternally
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 22:26:45 +0200

Hi Alisa,

2011/8/23 Алиса Безкреста <alisa.bezkresta@mail.ru>:
> Hello
>
> I took it precisely from
> http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/emacs-23.3a.tar.gz
> and I repeated the experience several times, using each time a fresh source
> directory.

I have absolutely no clue what is wrong on your system. On my laptop
(a small Core i7), the configure script takes about 37 seconds.

real    0m36.963s
user    0m13.816s
sys     0m10.680s

The only avenue left would be to go through each and every message
when you run the configure script and/or figure out how many and what
processes are being run.

ps -fu $USER should give you a nice tree view for investigation.

> Best regards
>
> Alisa Bezkresta

GL and sorry I couldn't be of much help.

--
Suvayu