after-make-frame-functions

From: kenneth johansson
Subject: after-make-frame-functions
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 20:08:16 +0000 (UTC)

Using GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.5)

I'm trying to make some changes to a new frame but it looks like the
function run on the hook after-make-frame-functions is affecting the
old frame not the new one.

Add the following hook. start emacs with

emacs --daemon
emacsclient -c

and you will get a printout in messages that the frame is in a terminal.
But that is not what I expect, the new frame is a window.

bug or feature ??

(defun start-theme (dummy)
  (if window-system
  (message "frame in window")
  (message "frame in terminal")
    )
  )

(add-hook 'after-make-frame-functions 'start-theme)