Re: New Frame is different

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: New Frame is different
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 14:38:26 +0000 (UTC)

ken <gebser@mousecar.com> writes:

>> ,----[ (emacs) Creating Frames ]
>> | Here's a similar example for specifying a foreground color:
>> "blue"))
>> control the
>> | appearance of all the frames Emacs creates, including the initial one.
>> `----
>
> But what's the variable name for cursor color?  And for font size?  I
> looked for these in the "Help" and some googling, but no help.

What did you google for?
'emacs default-frame-list cursor' and
'emacs default-frame-list font' gave me some very good hits,
say, on the emacswiki.

But...

Emacs has sooo much info ... use it!
Always there, always uptodate.

a) * `C-h r'
   * i "cursor"
   * couple of ","s
,----
| You can customize the cursor's color, and whether it blinks, using the
| `cursor' Custom group (*note Easy Customization::).
`----
so `M-x customize-group RET cursor RET' is one way.

b) I already cited (elisp) Creating Frames
   * `u' ... look around ... Frame Parameters sounds good
   * Window Frame Parameters sounds good
   * (elisp) Font and Color Parameters
   Bingo!

... Which also says:

,----[ (info "(elisp)Font and Color Parameters") ]
|    The following frame parameters are semi-obsolete in that they are
| automatically equivalent to particular face attributes of particular
| faces
`----

hth
Memnon