Several seconds of delay when exiting Emacs

From: Steven Har
Subject: Several seconds of delay when exiting Emacs
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 17:59:52 +0700

Hi all,

I'm using breadcrumb.el, and from time to time when exiting Emacs there's a few seconds delay with the status area showing "Wrote ~/.emacs.d/breadcrumb" (but there's no breadcrumb file being saved). I wonder what Emacs is trying to do here. This only happens around 25% of the time.

Yes, I know I shouldn't fire up and exit Emacs too often, but old habits die hard (especially since I use mc as my main file manager instead of Emacs' builtin one).

Regards,