Re: Emacs ignoring my settings in ~/.emacs

From: Csanyi Pal
Subject: Re: Emacs ignoring my settings in ~/.emacs
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:53:28 +0100

Pedro Insua <pedroinsua@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Jan 01, 2012 at 08:54:55AM +0100, Csanyi Pal wrote:

>> jesterday I upgraded my Debian GNU/Linux SID system and being used
>> another desktop environment GNOME.
>>
>> Today I return back to my favorite Window Maker window manager but Emacs
>> ignore settings in ~/.emacs.
>>
>> How can I solve this problem?
>
>   You are using SID (unstable brach), maybe it's a bug in some Debian
>   package.. have you installed/updated new/some packages ?
>
>   You can run Emacs with '--debug-init' to see what's go on..

Well, I try to add some bug to my .emacs file (zzz letters in the first
line) and realize that that actually Emacs load ~/.emacs file, but the
Emacs window is so big that I can't see neither it's bottom nor the
right edge.

I must to change Emacs window geometry to get window smaller.

It's interesting that that Emacs window geometry varying when one uses
XDM or GDM display managers with the same setup in the ~/.emacs file.

--
Regards from Pal
Happy New Year!