Re: Gnus: How to simplify file attachments?

From: Marius Hofert
Subject: Re: Gnus: How to simplify file attachments?
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2012 16:45:19 +0100

On 2012-01-07, at 04:42 , Leo wrote:

> On 2012-01-07 06:07 +0800, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
>> Right.  If Emacs supports drag-and-drop, then it would certainly be
>> natural for Message do use it to add attachments.
>>
>> If nobody else implements this, I'll have a look at it during the next
>> development cycle.
>
> DnD attachments works already.

Can you explain how, please?
If I DnD a .pdf to a new message buffer (Gnus v5.13, Emacs 24, Mac OS X
10.7.2), the *code* of the .pdf file is inserted, not a link to the .pdf file
as attachment. To be more precise, a huge amount of code is inserted starting
with "%PDF-1.5..." (as if you look at the .pdf file as .txt).
Furthermore, DnD of an attachment out of a received email also did not work
under my setup above. I just can't "grab" the .pdf.

Cheers,

Marius