Re: recommended html modes

From: prad
Subject: Re: recommended html modes
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 13:50:42 -0700

XeCycle <XeCycle@Gmail.com> writes:

> prad <prad@towardsfreedom.com> writes:
>
>> i'm using html-helper-mode and it is good, though it doesn't seem to be
>> able to do xhtml.
>>
>> is there a recommended mode to use to do xhtml.
>>
>> i tried nxhtml-mode about a year ago and it wreaked havoc with my system
>> for some reason.
>
> nxhtml is the best one I've tried.  If you cannot use it (like I
> am) you can try some parts of it along with the built-in nxml
> mode.  I use PHP mode from nxhtml with nxml, and use
> multi-web-mode to tie them together.  multi-web-mode is buggy,
> but can work anyway.  After all, be sure to use nxml mode.

ok i can't get nxhtml mode to work, but i've been diddling around with
nxml mode and i like it! i've been looking through this doc:
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_mono/nxml-mode.html

it's similar to the old html-mode in some ways, but much better!

now, i need to figure out how to stop html-helper-mode from taking over
when i open an html file, so i can jump right into nxml-mode. haven't
done much of that sort of thing.

thx for your help!

--
in friendship,