Re: Why does Emacs make it difficult for me to have two frames open the

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Why does Emacs make it difficult for me to have two frames open the same buffer?
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 09:53:47 +0300

> From: Kevin Tran <hekevintran@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:04:49 -0700
>
> I have 2 frames. I switch the buffer in first frame to buffer A. When I try
> to switch the buffer in the second frame to buffer A, Emacs brings the first
> frame forward.

Doesn't happen to me.  What is your version of Emacs, and does this
happen in "emacs -Q"?  If "emacs -Q" behaves like you expect, then you
already have some customization that results in this behavior, and you
need to find which customization is that.  Perhaps you customized
display-buffer-reuse-frames, for example.