yasnippet to expand abbreviation in dired/fileopen command?

From: David Belohrad
Subject: yasnippet to expand abbreviation in dired/fileopen command?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 10:44:33 +0200

Hi there,
any help would be appreciated:

I want to open a file on the remote machine. I've setup tramp to use
abbrev to expand an abbreviation to full path, e.g.:

xhs -> //ssh:xxx@xxxx#1222:/mnt/mp3/

As I'm using already yasnippet for something else, using abbrev for this
seems to be just a duplication of what yasnippet does in more generic
way.

However, as yasnippet is using set of directories to identify major mode
and select appropriate snippet 'set', I'm not sure into what directory I
should put my snippets so they get expanded only when I have to specify
directory or file....

any comments?

thanks
d.