Re: capture gtk kill (gnome alt-f4) (delete-event?)

From: XeCycle
Subject: Re: capture gtk kill (gnome alt-f4) (delete-event?)
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 13:26:49 +0800

Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <yagnesh@live.com> writes:

> Hello.,
>
> is there a way I can capture alt-f4 (in gnome) and act within Emacs.?
>
> This is because, recent times, I am killing Emacs by mistake with
> alt-f4.
>
> I am longing for a function which captures alt-f4 event and ask me for
> confirmation in all circumstances.

Don't think there will be one, since it may or may not work.

The key is received by X server, then goes to whichever program
that binds this key; if the key is first bound by the window
manager, it may or may not allow rebinds of it.

You'd better play with it in your window manager.

--
Carl Lei (XeCycle)
Department of Physics, Shanghai Jiao Tong University