Re: Having .emacs distinguish betweeen LaTeX and XeLaTeX

From: Haines Brown
Subject: Re: Having .emacs distinguish betweeen LaTeX and XeLaTeX
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 13:06:24 -0400

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 02:16:46PM +0300, Teemu Likonen wrote:
> * Haines Brown [2012-05-27 07:00:44 -0400] wrote:

> If you know nothing of Lisp this may not help you but I'll paste my
> settings anyway. It could be modified to match your needs.

Thank you for the lisp suggestion. Subsequently I stumbled on a very
simple answer to my question of running either the latex or xelatex
commands without reconfiguring and restarting emacs: simply add
xelated to the AUCTeX configuration for TeX-engine. I added xelatex
and it can now be called for xelatex files and the latex command is
still accessible for latex files. At least this seems to work so far.

Haines