Re: Searching for program: no such file or directory, diff

From: linfan . china
Subject: Re: Searching for program: no such file or directory, diff
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 02:08:16 -0700 (PDT)

在 2009年11月18日星期三UTC+8下午10时53分14秒,Drew Adams写道:
> > I installed emacs under WindowsXp half a year ago, and it worked well.
> > However, When I use ediff command to compare two buffer, it doesnot
> > work and says "Searching for program: no such file or directory, diff"
> > Then I tried to install diff or ediff, but it seems not a right way to
> > fix the problem.
> > So, What should i do if I wanna use ediff command on WindowsXp?
>
> Perhaps `M-x customize-option ediff-diff-program'.
>
> [Note: I didn't bother to check the code, so this is a guess. I just did `C-h
> ediff M-SPC -diff' in Icicles to show me all user options with substrings
> `ediff' and `-diff'. The help text for this option suggests it might help.
> `C-h
> o' is defined in library help-fns+.el.
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/HelpPlus]
>
> I use Cygwin, so the option value I use is just "diff". But you might need
> some
> other value - perhaps an absolute file name. The value should point to the
> `diff' program that you have on your machine. If the program is in your path,
> then the name can be relative.

Hi,

I found your mails while searching the same issue in google, my problem is now
solved.

Just inform you that there is a more easy way to do this.

Install kdiff3 for windows and put its bin path to PATH variable, and restart
emacs, than it's done :D .