dir-locals confusion

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: dir-locals confusion
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 15:07:20 +0000

Recently (possibly with an upgrade to emacs 24.1.1) I'm frequently getting this
message:
    Error reading dir-locals: (file-error "Opening input file" "not a
directory" "/cygdrive/q/.../tlock.c/.dir-locals.el")

I see this frequently (but not always) under Cygwin and never under AIX 6.1.

I do, of course, hack emacs, but I can't think of anything I've done that might
have to do with dir-locals. Except for X configuration, I use exactly the same
code on AIX and Cygwin.

Since the obvious question is too vague, I'll simply ask this:
    Does anyone have any thoughts about this?

Thanks.

,Douglas
Douglas Lewan
Shubert Ticketing
(201) 489-8600 ext 224
Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: testing is the treatment. -
- K. Beck