German characters

From: drain
Subject: German characters
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 13:58:06 -0700 (PDT)

Spanish.el handles Spanish characters well (F2 / F3 changes characters before
point to / from alternate forms), but I couldn't find anything for German.

In Windows I had to change keyboard layout in the OS, but I'd like an
integrated solution, along the lines of Spanish.el.

I tried going into Mule --> Set Language Environment, but German is not
listed.