Re: Customizing fonts in a mult-language (English+Hebrew) environment

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Customizing fonts in a mult-language (English+Hebrew) environment
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 07:32:55 +0200

> From: Will Parsons <oudeis@nodomain.invalid>
> Date: 23 Sep 2012 23:59:45 GMT
>
> So, I'd like to arrange it so that both the English and the Hebrew
> text are equally legible, but haven't the slightest idea of how to
> accomplish that.

First, find a font that gives you legible Hebrew characters.  (You
didn't say what system are you one; the way of doing this depends on
the OS.)  Let's say that font's name is "CoolFont".

Then put this in your ~/.emacs:

  (set-fontset-font t 'hebrew "CoolFont")

This causes Emacs to use the specified font for Hebrew.

If you find a font that is good for both English and Hebrew, then
setting the 'font' attribute of the 'default' face will cause Emacs to
use that font as the default font.