Re: emacsclientw on w64

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: emacsclientw on w64
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2012 10:34:15 -0500

Sorry about posting to you only, Eli. "Reply" used to do what "Followup"
now does on Thunderbird email client.

>> From: "B. T. Raven" <btraven@nihilo.net>
>> Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 22:28:03 -0500
>>
>> Anyway it seems to work now except for associating Emacs with files with
>> no extensions.
>
> You mean, if you ask the system to open with emacsclientw a file with
> no extension, that doesn't work?

No, I mean that I can't check the box that allows me to open all files
without extensions in emacs. Every time I want to open another one I
have to click on the emacsclient icon again. In w2000 (through a
registry entry) I could have Emacs open all such files, no more
questions asked.

>> If the OS hides extensions
>
> The OS doesn't hide extensions.  It's the Windows Explorer that does
> it (and there's an option to turn that off in "Tools->Folder Options").

Okay.  I (rightly or wrongly) take windex to be part of the os. One of
the first things I do is to turn extensions back on.

A new behavior on w64 is that "buffer whatever still has clients" when
I try to close it. Is that more evidence that  I have things set up
wrong? Anyway, thanks for the help.

Ed