I am using Emacs 23.3(9.0) in Mac OS 10.6. This is the operation sequence which causes the problem:
1. start Emacs with -Q, open GDB under Emacs: gdb --annotate=3 program
2. set the breakpoint: b location
3. run the program: r
4. When GDB hits the breakpoint, the window splits horizontally into two windows, one with GDB,
another one is the source code, at this time, the focus point is in GDB window.
5. while the focus point stil remains in GDB window, open a new frame with : Ctrl-x 5 2.
Now a new frame is created with one window and another GDB is in it.
6. Switch the focus point to source code window, Run delete other winodw: Ctrl-X 1.
Now the source code window occupies the whole frame which was previously splited into two windows.
Now Emacs has two frames. One frame has only GDB window, another frame has only source code window.
Now, If I switch the focus point back to the GDB window, and keep stepping using the GDB command "next", the focus
point will switch back to source code window automatically after each GDB command.
Can someone verify this and tell me what might goes wrong? Thanks.