Re: Daniel Weinreb Died ((1959 ~ 2012) Lisp Programer)

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Daniel Weinreb Died ((1959 ~ 2012) Lisp Programer)
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 15:55:27 -0800 (PST)

locating Daniel Weinrebdied's published works.

On Oct 27, 12:24 pm, gnuist...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > Daniel Weinrebdied today. Cancer. Aged 53. (≈1959 ~ 2012-09-07).

> Its very sad to hear that he has passed away.
>
> Perhaps, the best we can do to keep his legacy is to make sure all of
> the surviving works of this student of lisp are put online and made
> available to the coming generations.
>
> Here are his publications that I cant find anywhere on the internet.
> Xah, it seems that you might have a copy as you were a close friend
> and found out about his passing before any of us. What kind of cancer
> was he suffering from?

I don't know Daniel Weinrebdied well. We exchanged a couple private
email, that's all.

If you are interested in contacting people who knew him, you can
follow these links:

http://lispm.dyndns.org/dlw
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=4490892
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=159710898#fbLoggedOut
http://www.xconomy.com/boston/2012/09/07/dan-weinreb-boston-computer-geek-community-figure-dies-of-cancer/

and check the comments for leads. Oh, the best is probably Daniel's
blog http://danweinreb.org/blog/ . There you'll find many comments
from people who knew him, or his co-workers thru the years. They might
point you to where to find Daniel's publications.

 Xah