Re: How to set 'buffer-save-without-query' from external program?

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: How to set 'buffer-save-without-query' from external program?
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 20:13:56 +0100

Barry Margolin <barmar@alum.mit.edu> writes:

> In article <mailman.12642.1352481549.855.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>,
>  "Drew Adams" <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

>> But "revert and save" doesn't mean much to me.
>> After reverting there is no need to save.
>>
>> Setting the modified-p flag just pretends that you have not modified the
>> buffer.
>> So you get no queries about wanting to save it.
>>
>> If you instead do want to save it, then just save it, systematically.
>
> He's reverting the buffer, editing it, and then he wants to exit the
> server without saving it. But he still plans on saving it later.

No, I do want to save it when exiting - but without being queried by
Emacs about it.

So '(setq buffer-save-without-query t)' looks like the right thing to do
for me, but I'm not quite sure how to address the right emacsclient
instance / the right buffer with an external call to emacsclient. At
least what I tried (see original message) has no effect.

--
cheers,
Thorsten