Slow emacsclient after some time

From: Alexandre LAURENT
Subject: Slow emacsclient after some time
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:30:48 +0100

Hello world,

I currently use emacs like this:

alias e='emacsclient -a "" -c'

e /path/to/myfile.c

which means that *the first time only*, emacs is started as a daemon. Then emacsclient is called.

But after a while (maybe after opening about 10 files, I'm not exactly sure the number of opened files matters), then calling emacsclient with a new file is *slow*.

Actually the frame is instantly created usually on *scratch* or on the last file I've edited, but opening the new file and put it in the current buffer takes about 3-4 seconds.

I also tried emacsclient -t, but this does not change anything, still slow.

What could take so long to load with emacsclient ? Even using emacs without server mode is fastest.

FYI, I use emacs without X

--
Alexandre LAURENT
EPITA GISTR 2011