Re: Different behaviour while debugging?

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Different behaviour while debugging?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 19:56:29 +0100

Am 20.02.2013 15:57, schrieb Thorsten Jolitz:

Hi List,

I have the very strange case that a program - in some special situation
- does not work as expected, but when I instrument the relevant
function(s) for edebug and single-step through them, everythings works
as expected and the output is fine.

There are no errors involved, so 'toggle-debug-on-error does not help.
Its just that the program should put a buffer temporarily into a given
major-mode and uncomment some comment-lines with 'uncomment-region' before
turning-on Org-mode.

With other modes it works fine, but in case of html-mode, this step is
simply omitted when running the program as-is, but is successfully
completed when single-stepping with edebug.

How can that be? Has elisp become just *too* fast for correct program
execution and programs work only reliably when slowed down by debugging?

IMHO that's possible, for example if some function expects faces, which are
only there if
fontification is done

try some (sit-for) then