Re: File Encoding Issue on Windows

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: File Encoding Issue on Windows
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 00:58:19 +0100

Am 14.03.2013 um 00:48 schrieb Tech Stuff:

> I'm willing to do anything short of actually gonig in and changing every
> occurrence individually as there are hundreds of them.

Here is a file with a comparison of CP1252 to UTF-8. If you want you can add a
new column that does not show the HEX values but the actual characters that
would used to represent the UTF-8 bytes.

All the missing code points are US-ASCII in both encodings (CP1252 and UTF-8).
The bytes and their meanings are equal and the same in both.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Behold the warranty … the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.