Re: Java tab indentation breaks

From: Andrew Pennebaker
Subject: Re: Java tab indentation breaks
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 20:19:58 -0400

I seem to have fixed the indentation errors (including TAB sometimes indenting to the absolute start of the line) with setq-default:

https://github.com/mcandre/dotfiles/commit/ce37a07f7fb7df3c15c6fde436150cb6b9cf5e96#L0R232

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Andrew Pennebaker <andrew.pennebaker@gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you. I meant to type -Q, honest, but typed -nw by mistake. :P Yes, something in my .emacs is to blame.

https://github.com/mcandre/dotfiles/blob/master/.emacs

On Apr 18, 2013 5:59 PM, "Alan Mackenzie" <acm@muc.de> wrote:

Hi, Andrew.

Andrew Pennebaker <andrew.pennebaker@gmail.com> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: ISO-8859-1, 41 lines --]

> When I try to indent in java-mode, Emacs throws an error.

> Trace:

> $ emacs -nw
> C-x h DEL
> M-x java-mode
> public class Test { RET
> TAB
> Minibuffer: Error evaluating offset + for inclass: Got invalid value
> tab-width

> C-h v tab-width
> 8

Does the problem occur when you start '$ emacs -nw -Q'?  It doesn't with
me.

Might there possibly be something in your .emacs contributing towards
the problem?

[ .... ]

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).