Re: How to paste from Cygwin Emacs to Windows app using keyboard?

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: How to paste from Cygwin Emacs to Windows app using keyboard?
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:43:53 -0500

Die Mon Apr 22 2013 18:01:55 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time) Alexandre
Oberlin <email_through@migo.info> scripsit:

> Hi all,
>
> I use Cygwin under Windows 7. I managed to paste from Windows into Emacs
> by adding
> '"shift insert": paste-from-clipboard'
> to my .inputrc file.
>
> However I still cannot paste from Emacs into a Windows application
> unless I use the mouse to select in Emacs.
>
> I have played with x-select-enable-clipboard,
> interprogram-paste-function etc. with no avail. I do not run X on Cygwin.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Alexandre

What happens if within emacs (assuming default bindings) you do:

C-space or C-@ at beginning of region you want to select
M-w at end

and then C-v (or mouse) within W32 app?

Btw, you can get most of the important emacs keybindings in w32 apps
with Xkeymacs and in Mozilla products with keysnail. These can help
reduce mousing around in w32.

Ed