Re: Auctex: Configure the cases when recompile is necessary

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: Auctex: Configure the cases when recompile is necessary
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 19:10:15 +0300

Nicolas Richard [2013-05-13 10:58:35 +02:00] wrote:

> Using Latexmk is usually as simple as calling "latexmk yourfile.tex"
> (options such as -pdf or -xelatex can be used and a have an obvious
> meaning).

Thanks. I've tried latexmk but been scared of its seeming complexity.
You convinced me to try it again, and I actually got it working. My
version (i.e., the one in Debian 6.0) of latexmk does not have -xelatex
option but I cheated it by configuring pdflatex running actually
xelatex.

My long-time annoyance has been totcount package and Beamer class
navigation. Latexmk seems to handle those nicely. The problem solved!