Re: How to change default "insert file" path /tmp to home directory?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to change default "insert file" path /tmp to home directory?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 23:40:21 +0200

Am 13.05.2013 um 23:08 schrieb gerlach:

> At least in Why?

Because you're not at home! The variable default-directory is buffer-local,
which means that each buffer in GNU Emacs has one such private "personalised"
variable. And they all can have different values by reflecting some state of
the buffer. (I presume there are thousands of Gerlachs in Germany. Each one has
this surname, but first names, street names, town names, and eMail addresses
can be different.)

Could (getenv "HOME") be an alternative?

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

                  Sorry my terrible English, my native language Lisp