Re: Using punctuation in abbrev

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Using punctuation in abbrev
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2013 02:10:42 +0200

Aurélien Aptel <aurelien.aptel+emacs@gmail.com> writes:

> Scientific or programming related stuff yes. And about the
> programming language, it has already been done 60 years ago with
> APL [1] which is actually scary and impressive :)

> If you're into that kind of thing, you might like Agda (note
> that it's a proof assistant, so not useful if you want to do
> Octave/Mathematica kind of things).

Thanks for cool facts, but no, I'm not into that at all. I have a
degree in CS so I'm done with math and formal stuff (with the
exception of teaching it to school kids to get food money) - I
want to do Lisp and C, steady, everyday stuff. (And I don't
consider Lisp "functional" but rather "do whatever you want".) But
I can se some perks with such a "Unicode language" - for example,
how many ways have you seen "not equal" been syntaxed in PLs? !=,
<>, ne, =/= (Erlang), ... - what a mess, and one of the most
annoying things to have to stop and look up. Unicode notation
would help in such cases, for sure. And, the code would be more
pleasant to read (and more readable to non-programmers with a
background in math and/or natural sciences).

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573