Re: Help with setting a key (C-<right> moving a full word to the right)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Help with setting a key (C-<right> moving a full word to the right)
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 03:29:26 +0200

oitofelix@riseup.net (Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro) writes:

>>> If Emacs doesn't see the Ctrl-right key, then the solution to
>>> this, if any, is not on the Emacs level.
>>
>> Correct. There was a guy who taught me a method, with which I
>> setup the backtab in Emacs (which was also unnoticed at
>> first). If he is reading this, perhaps he can tell us more.
>
> Here I made it work.  My kernel keymap snippet:

> control keycode 106 = U+0118 # <C-right>

That's interesting, because what I did was identical, only instead
of "control", I had "ctrll".

I assumed that ctrll is the left control key, but, if it is, for
some reason it doesn't work.

Also, ctrll has something to do with CAPS LOCK because I have this

## cycling tty's
# J
alt keycode 36       = Decr_Console
ctrll alt keycode 36 = Decr_Console
# K
alt keycode 37       = Incr_Console
ctrll alt keycode 37 = Incr_Console

and without those ctrll lines, it doesn't work when CAPS LOCK is on.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573