Re: compile buffer: hide/collapse displayed file paths?

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: Re: compile buffer: hide/collapse displayed file paths?
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 17:05:25 +0000 (UTC)

On 2013-06-29, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@Web.DE> wrote:

> Am 29.06.2013 um 01:05 schrieb Grant Edwards:
>
>> Is there any way to collapse/hide the file paths being shown in the
>> compiler buffer window so that I can see the compiler error/warning
>> messages without all the keyboard gymanstics?
>
> The variable truncate-lines could be involved. I have not set it and
> I don't see any truncated lines.

I don't really want the lines wrapped (which is what happens when you
unset truncate-lines).  I'd like the errors to remain one-per-line,
but I want to hide the long path info that I don't care about (emacs
has opened the file and moved the cursor to the right source line, so
there's no need for me to see the file's path in the compile buffer
window).

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Now I understand the
                                  at               meaning of "THE MOD SQUAD"!