Re: Speeding up Emacs load time

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Speeding up Emacs load time
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 23:40:10 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> writes:

> It only works if you're sitting in a darkly-lit room, using dark
> desktop theme, and don't routinely switch to e.g. web browser,
> wherein most of the websites are dark-on-light.

100% correct - a dark room, or even a dark room, *and*
sunglasses... Man, I'm happy you understand me!

The web browser issue - well, you could configure Firefox but
incompletely so. I use Emacs-w3m. That's not optimal, either,
because all the webpages are designed to be used in a GUI setting
(with different font sizes etc. to convey information). It doesn't
matter how "good" Emacs-w3m gets. But it is still much
better. (And the integration and configurability on to of
that. Dropping the mouse and FF/Iceweasel improved my life a lot.)

> Otherwise, the switching between levels of contrast ...

I *know*, this is what a said - the visual reorient. Why do you
think this is news for me? It is not.

> I'm sure you'll notice that when you get a few more years
> sitting before a computer under your belt. I'm 26, and I've
> started paying attention to this 2-3 years ago.

:) I'm 30! And I've had this for ages. But I take it as a
compliment, don't worry.

--
Emanuel Berg - programmer (hire me! CV below)
computer projects: http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573