Re: How to communicate with a running external process with

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How to communicate with a running external process with
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 21:12:46 +0200

"Pascal J. Bourguignon" <pjb@informatimago.com> writes:

> There's a protocol that has been defined specifically to communicate
> between an emacs and a Common Lisp process, with which a whole IDE has
> been built in emacs, named slime (the backend, the library that
> implements that protocol on the Common Lisp side is called swank (as is
> called the protocol)).

Oh, and if you're not using Common Lisp, you may want to consider
porting swank to it, so that you can benefit from slime with your other
lisp.  swank has already been ported to various other languages (scheme
and R come to mind), so it shouldn't be too hard to port it to another
lisp.

You know you've been lisping too long when you see a recent picture of George
Lucas and think "Wait, I thought John McCarthy was dead!" -- Dalek_Baldwin