Re: How to communicate with a running external process with

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: How to communicate with a running external process with
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 01:06:03 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <tjolitz@gmail.com> writes:
> I did not mean Common Lisp, but there is a Swank implementation for my
> Uncommon Lisp of interest, and it did not occur to me to consider it -
> so thanks for this marvelous tip!

So just loading swank in that other lisp, and starting a swank sever:

    (swank:create-server :port 4005) ; in CL

you can then connect to it from emacs with M-x slime-connect RET RET RET

You can even do some kind of "RPC" (Remote Procedure Call) in both
directions (trivial from slime, have a look at [1] to evaluate emacs lisp
expressions from the other lisp).

[1]: http://paste.lisp.org/display/22414

You know you've been lisping too long when you see a recent picture of George
Lucas and think "Wait, I thought John McCarthy was dead!" -- Dalek_Baldwin