Re: Sorting with threads in Gnus

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Sorting with threads in Gnus
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 14:45:00 +0200

"N. Raghavendra" <raghu@hri.res.in> writes:

> I did, but the order remains the same as in my previous message.

Sorry, after reading your original post again, I only now understand
what you want to reach.

AFAICT, this isn't possible by default.  Sorting threads at the top
level and recursively is done according to the same setting:
`gnus-thread-sort-functions'.  So, I think what your see is expected.

To get what you want, you AFAIK must rewrite
`gnus-sort-threads-recursive' so that it handles the top-level
specially.

I think this does what you want (please load it after loading Gnus):

Is that right?

Regards,

Michael.