Re: Change .emacs directory in Ubuntu

From: Steven Knight
Subject: Re: Change .emacs directory in Ubuntu
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 19:35:31 -0400

On 9/4/2013 4:37 PM, kishore.r.318@gmail.com wrote:
Currently my .emacs file is found in /home So is my .emacs.d folder and I
suppose some other files like diary, notes etc will be created in this folder.

I find this really messy and I want all my emacs related files(including the
.emacs) and folders in a single folder, say /home/EmacsHome

How do I do that in Ubuntu 12.04? In windows I did this by setting an
environment variable HOME to the path of EmacsHome. But, in Ubuntu, the HOME
variable will be used for several other programs as well, so I dont want to
change that.

Hi,

May I suggest that you leave .emacs.d as it is and simply move .emacs to ~/.emacs.d/init.el

Thanks,

--
Steven Knight <steven@knight.cx>