Re: Size of Gnus and Emacs

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Size of Gnus and Emacs
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 12:19:06 +0530

> One of the best things about the Gnus manual is that it
> is available in PDF so I can print it on someone else's
> printer so I can spare my eyes and (nonexistent)
> money.

> Which brings me to... are there any other Emacs books available that
> way?

I am not sure whether you are making a distinction between a book and a
manual.  Books are easy to read and understand (often incomplete), but
manuals require more effort (and complete).  Books are for newcomers and
manuals for regular and expert users.

Have you looked at the Emacs project page:

    http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/

> I have the Emacs manual (published version) but that was version 18 or
> so. Gnus is not in that book, and a lot more is not either, I suspect.

Here is a page of recent manuals.

    http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/index.html

If you follow the links there, you will be led to a page which contains
manual in a PDF page which you can download and print.

Ofcourse, they are manuals except for "An Introduction to Programming in
Emacs Lisp" which I would call as a book.

It would be nice if a book of Emacs be written available free of charge
for everyone to use.