Re: Emacs was compiled without networking support

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs was compiled without networking support
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2013 15:33:35 +0100

Am 13.12.2013 um 15:28 schrieb Johan Andersson:

> Why would that do any difference? I mean it works outside of the step in
> the same process.

To me it's not clear whether GNU Emacs itself performs networking or some tool
in a sub-process provides network access for some Lisp code. When you can see
that GNU Emacs uses TLS, than it's clear that some Lisp code is presumingly not
working correctly. Then you could try to test behaviour with 'emacs -Q' or with
a very minimal init file to just configure networking.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Globalisation – communism from above.