Re: Spam despite spam header

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Spam despite spam header
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 22:49:19 +0100

"William G. Gardella" <wgg2@member.fsf.org> writes:

> If you use `nnmail-split-methods' to split incoming
> mail, you could add a rule such as '("spam"
> group, and make this group auto-expireable.  This is
> a sensible thing to do if you or your mail provider
> uses a spam filter like SpamAssassin that appends
> headers like the ones below.  Gnus can also be
> configured to *teach* an external tool like
> spamassassin in the event it misses something, but
> that's a bit more complicated (but see, e.g., (info
> "(gnus) SpamAssassin")).

Cool! I will do that (read the manual entry).

Yes, it works the way you describe:

(setq nnmail-split-methods
      '(("mail.spam" "^X-Spam-Flag: YES")
      ;; ...
        ("mail.misc" "") ))

Then create the spam group, for example with this
(perhaps this happens automatically):

(defun gnus-add-nnml-group (group)
  (interactive "s Mail group: ")
  (gnus-group-make-group group "nnml")
  (gnus-save-newsrc-file) )

On the file system: /home/user/Mail/mail/spam

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573