Re: obarray

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: obarray
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 06:36:20 +0100

> Macros as in programs writing programs (?). You need
> to get at unique symbol and you can't spell it out as
> you don't know what in what setting the macro is
> executed. I guess you can use `let' in macros, so
> does this mean you use this for example when you need
> a new global variable? But if it is global, and the
> name is generated, how can anyone outside know how to
> access it?

What about - if you want to make sure the locals do not
"shadow" some globals that you don't know of (or are
"dynamic" in nature)? But if you don't know about them,
how can you use them, and (accidentally) get the
locals? So it doesn't make sense either. An example
would help.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573