Re: gnuplot persist does not work using Emacs comint

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: gnuplot persist does not work using Emacs comint
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 12:57:47 -0700

Alex van der Spek wrote:
> ~/$ gnuplot -p -e 'plot x'
> But when executing this as a comint process, i.e. using Emacs as the
> shell script editor and running the shell script it does not. The plot is
> generated and disappears immediately.

How are you doing this?  When I tried the above it worked for me in
that the window persisted.  Please say exactly what it is that you are
doing so that others may recreate the issue.  Also please say the
version of emacs you are using.  And also what operating system you
are using.

> difficult for me at this stage. Not quite sure what comint is to begin
> with.

The comint.el file describes itself this way:

;; This file defines a general command-interpreter-in-a-buffer package
;; (comint mode).  The idea is that you can build specific process-in-a-buffer
;; modes on top of comint mode -- e.g., Lisp, shell, scheme, T, soar, ....
;; This way, all these specific packages share a common base functionality,
;; and a common set of bindings, which makes them easier to use (and
;; saves code, implementation time, etc., etc.).

Bob