Re: .emacs poser

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: .emacs poser
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 03:03:26 +0100

Dale Snell <ddsnell@frontier.com> writes:

> Registered ® and the Maltese Cross ✠.  ("C-x 8 * R"
> and "C-x 8 * M", respectively, using iso-transl.  I
> added both those characters myself.  It's very easy.)

It might be easy to *add* such keystrokes, but they are
not easy to hit. We are typists, not accordion players.

Again, why would anyone need those chars on a regular
basis? (Not a rhetorical question!)

If you, in certain *words* need those chars, how about
using abbrev to do that for you? So you type the word
without the special char(s), and abbrev fixes it as you
hit space (or some other delimiter): e.g., you type
Marquez to get Márquez.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573