Re: .emacs poser

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: .emacs poser
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 23:42:03 +0100

Doug Lewan <dougl@shubertticketing.com> writes:

> Whoops! I omitted an important detail.
>
> You need to be using the latin-1-prefix input
> method. C-\ will ask you for an input method.

I have C-x RET C-\ for `set-input-method', and C-\ for
`toggle-input-method'.

Yes - then it works exactly as I thought it would. The
thing I don't like (as I mentioned) is that the prefix
char is visible before the translation is done. But I
like it a lot anyway. I don't think I ever use the
Swedish chars in zsh, so I doesn't really matter that
this will be an Emacs only solution. Plus, I still have
the compose key. I think I will start using this as for
now.

--
Emanuel Berg, programmer-for-rent. CV, projects, etc at uXu
underground experts united:  http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573