RE: .emacs poser

From: Doug Lewan
Subject: RE: .emacs poser
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 23:35:01 +0000

> Yes - then it works exactly as I thought it would. The
> thing I don't like (as I mentioned) is that the prefix
> char is visible before the translation is done.

One of the early requirements for supporting multiple character sets was that
it be implemented in a single, unifying framework. What you don't like is a
consequence of that.

European character sets tend to be simple: Roman alphabet + modifications. Many
languages are much more involved, and the input method correspondingly so. TeX
as an input method can give you a hint about why you might want to see the
input-so-far: You can proofread it as you go.

,Douglas
Douglas Lewan
Shubert Ticketing
(201) 489-8600 ext 224

Statistics: The science of figuring out exactly how wrong you probably are.