Re: Unable to run 'evernote-mode'

From: Sharon Kimble
Subject: Re: Unable to run 'evernote-mode'
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2013 18:44:30 +0000

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:09:33 +0100
Emanuel Berg <embe8573@student.uu.se> wrote:

> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas@talktalk.net> writes:
>
> > Has anyone got evernote-mode to work on Debian ... ?
>
> What is evernote?

"Evernote is a suite of software and services designed for notetaking
and archiving. A "note" can be a piece of formatted text, a full
webpage or webpage excerpt, a photograph, a voice memo, or a
handwritten "ink" note. Notes can also have file attachments. Notes can
be sorted into folders, then tagged, annotated, edited, given comments,
searched and exported as part of a notebook."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evernote

> With aptitude, I found evernote-mode. When I installed
> it, it warned about being in an experimental
> state. Experimental probably doesn't mean exactly
> "experimental" (as in chemistry) but rather "not tested
> enough". Anyway, though installation on Jessie went
> fine, I cannot find it from Emacs, so even though you
> got a problem, you got further than me.

If you look in /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50evernote-mode.el you may find
it there. It auto-loads every time you start emacs.

> A general piece of advice with anything Debian (and
> GNU/Linux in a wider sense), try linux.debian.user (if
> you are on Gnus or otherwise Usenet) *or* the
> corresponding listbot (debian-user) - they are as
> knowledgeable as the Emacs people on this group/list,
> only there are so much more people, so I think you'd
> get a couple of answers in no time.

Already done, just waiting for someone to reply now.

Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.3.2
Registered Linux user 561944