Help on not opening buffer-menu

From: Guillaume MULLER
Subject: Help on not opening buffer-menu
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 11:15:08 +0100

Hi all,

I've searched for a solution for 2 days now and have not been able to find one,
so you're my last resource :)

When I open multiple files using a command line like:
emacs a b c

Emacs insists on opening the files in various buffers (that's what I want), but
it insists on showing a window splitted horizontally with one of the buffers
AND a buffer-menu (that lists all the opened buffers).

The problem is I don't want to see the buffer-menu at all, it just pisses-me
off to have to close it all the time I open a list of files in Emacs... If I
want such a listing, then I can use c-x c-b, I do not need it when not asked.

Does anyone has a solution to either (i) not open the buffer-menu at all or
(ii) at least, automatically close it?

FYI, most of the time, I do not use emacs directly but a script that launches
emacsclient and that reads:
#!/bin/bash
(emacsclient --alternate-editor="" -c "$@") || (echo emacs "$@")

So if the solution could work in this context, I would be very grateful!

Thanks

Guillaume MULLER