Re: [CEDET-devel] ede cedet does not compile .elc

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: [CEDET-devel] ede cedet does not compile .elc
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 20:24:13 -0500

Hi Pierre,

Sorry for a late reply.

I believe the problem you are having is that you named your target "hello.elc".

In the test suite I use to test this make style, the target that holds the lisp code is named "Lisp". It then makes a rule like this:

.PHONY: Lisp
Lisp: $(addsuffix c, $(Lisp_LISP))

With your name of hello.elc, it tells make that "hello.elc" depends on "hello.elc". I'm sure that will confuse the system.

I recommend naming your Emacs Lisp targets something that excludes any ".el" or ".elc" extension.

I suppose EDE could try to identify this problem, and strip any suffix off the target name.

Good Luck
Eric