Re: better error messages in my *Messages* buffer?

From: ian.tegebo
Subject: Re: better error messages in my *Messages* buffer?
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 09:44:09 -0700 (PDT)

Other people have suggested reading the manual regarding debugging and Edebug
in particular; I'd agree with that.  However, *Messages* really should report
from where and when a message arrived.  I used the following as a basis for my
own tweaking:

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DebugMessages

By itself, I think the above hack is a bit too noisy.  In particular, it
interrupts completion in the minibuffer.