RE: how to ediff with the diff buffers in separate frames?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: how to ediff with the diff buffers in separate frames?
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 06:31:39 -0700 (PDT)

> > By default, Ediff should reuse your two frames when they are already
> > displaying the buffers to diff.  Is that the case for you?  If yes, I'm
> > not sure I understand your intention.
>
> No. That doesn't happen. Perhaps it is a problem with the dev version of
> emacs I'm using. I will investigate further. Thanks.

`M-x ediff-buffers' should do what you expect.
(I bind it to `C-= b', and I bind `C-= f' to `ediff-files'.)

If necessary, click in each frame first, to make those two buffers the
default choices.  Then just hit `RET' for each default choice.

Ensure that neither of the buffers is also displayed elsewhere (e.g. in
another frame) - that can confuse ediff.