Re: Operate on each line in region

From: Jacob Gerlach
Subject: Re: Operate on each line in region
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 12:18:28 -0700 (PDT)

> One could imagine that since this is a fairly common need, there might
>
> be a macro like with-region or with-region-lines that already does it.

This is exactly what I was imagining, I just didn't know it.

In any case, align-regexp seems to be the most straightforward of all, since it
seems to be able to do exactly what I need. I haven't worked out the syntax yet
to insert the white space at the beginning of the line instead of after the
text ('foo' or 'longerfoo'), but I'm working on that part!